Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Something New!

Been a while since I was last here, finished my Christmas cards already this week. They are so cool, I love them I ended up combining 2 different elements. I saw a wiper card and had already seen a really cute Elf Shoe Card, the shoe card was done by Patty Lee. Have seen it other places but believe this is the one that got me inspired. The wiper card was done by several people also, Janine Tinklenberg made hers. I decided I loved both of the cards and came up with a blended version I hope all of you will enjoy. I drew out the shoes and made a svg of them also the detailing of the shoes. The cute peppermint candy I found on line and scrap-lifted it and created a printout in the size I wanted and punched it out with my 1/4" hole punch from Creative Memories. The legs were made from a cute company I found out at the convention in Jacksonville in September. I was from Canvas Corp. the print was Kraft & Ribbon Stripe CCP2370. The cards themselves I had two pads of Designer Paper from K&Company one was Designer Glad Tidings and the other is the same name, but the speciality paper version. I took the 12 x 12 double sided paper cut it 4 1/2 inches wide and 9 1/4 long. You need 2 pieces of so I measured the 12 x 12 cut it down to 9"x 9 1/4" I cut that in half vertically to create the sides of the cards. Get your svg here for the shoes, shoe detailing and legs, the santa chimney I made myself also saw a cute idea and drew it out also have it as an svg.  Trying to figure out how to get the svgs out here also have them in scut files.  Also will add a page with the measurement on it .
I was finally able to get the files out here, there are 2 scut files as well as a pdf for the instructions, I am a little rusty on that part but should be able to follow. Elf Shoe Instruction, Elf Shoes scut fileSanta chimney and feet, the SVG for the elf shoes and chimney is here

8 comments:

Lisa T said...

So cute! Great work.

The Scrappin Diva said...

Those are just too cute

ConnSue said...

They are really pretty!
TY!

Melinda said...

Adorable - thanks so much for sharing!

scrapn said...

Thanks so much for the files! They are adorable.
Kathy OH

Viv said...

What a cool card! Thank you so much for sharing.

Cindy said...

Thanks to al who have dropped by to see the card, going to be putting another cool Christmas project out in a day or two thanks again for dropping by. Cindy

Anita said...

This is just what I'm looking for my Christmas cards this year. Thanks so much for your creativity and sharing. Anita