Sunday, November 6, 2011

I Love Drawers!

I found this cute 6 drawer cabinet at the thrift store yesterday, I have started working on it, first I sanded it around the outside had to remove some pictures, and give the paint that was already there a little bit of tooth.  The pictures that were on there were partially peeling so made short work of that. After wiping the sawdust residue away I put a coat of black acrylic paint on it all over including the inside of the drawers and let it dry.  I am using Graphics 45 paper Curtain Call Collection.  My daughter and her husband bought a new house and are planning on a video room, so this should fit in nicely a little nostalgia movie wise.  I cut the paper down to fit each drawer leaving it slightly smaller than the drawer face itself.  I like a little of the face to show n either side to frame out the paper and also keep it from pulling way from the face with use.  I have not decided what to do for drawer pulls since some of the 6 knobs were missing when I bought it.   I have been thinking about very small eye bolts, but will have to see what happens once the paper it on it, may look for old shack buttons that are brass to set in for a knob.  Will see what I can find.  Had some thin Carousel poles from when I had a ceramics shop so since they were laying in the garage and going to waste they worked out to be perfect!! Love these little drawers