Monday, April 28, 2014

Been A long While

      Do you ever get that thought when your scrap booking I need a particular look for the base paper.  I was in that dark place where no matter where I looked nothing was rolling my socks up and down.  No amount of wine cooler was going to do it either. So instead of scrapping I let it sit , what I wanted to work on was my trip in January to NEW YORK!! For my Christmas surprise my daughters had booked the three of us a trip plus accommodations to New York we at 40th and 5th Ave. Right in the heart of the city!!  And how they pulled this off is Christmas day we at my oldest daughters house everyone had opened up their presents, I was last to get mine it was a basket with small travel size products and I asked is my breath bad, do I need deodorant?  They laughed and said no, the oldest one ran back to another room and appeared with the board with the  $ 20,000 Holiday Game. So I am thinking what are we doing, my youngest one started giving me the clues, have not seen this game on TV in like forever so was a little rusty, first question she askes is "Things to do with the  girls?"
So I'm doing the bachelorette party ,  shower, baby bridal , the answers was girls night out then the final clues were, Empire State Building , Statue of Liberty, Times Square and about that time I started to cry and said things you see in NEW YORK!!! Which of course was brilliant and correct.  They had planned the trip since June for my birthday which is in January it was a big one hit one of the Something OHHHS.   So we got to go on January the 22nd. took tons of pictures, and was coming up with nothing cool to scrap them on tired of doing the color paper with the coordinating color behind it...blah blah blah....So long (Extremely) long story to get to here could not find anything for the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island which we were so grateful to be able to go on.   Went to Jo-Anns struck out  went to one of  local shops which is just about the only one here and got 4 sheets of paper for another trip I wanted to scrap, ended up at Hobby lobby bought a pile of paper but still nothing for the NEW YORK trip.   So Sat here thinking I knew what I wanted just could not buy it so, decided to surf the web for pics of immigrants from back in the day the great migration from there country of origin to the  great New York, long voyage and enduring the tight quarters to come to this free land.  Found one that I thought would be great ,went to this website that sets up you pics so you can  print them poster size you just have to stick them together.  Not a big problem when you scrap book you have adhesives out the  whaaazooo!! Here is the link it is called block posters, the pic I used was nto the best of quality and looked a little pixelated but not that important it made the paper I wanted and could not buy.  After you load up the picture from your files you it  shows you how it will it will be  printed on how many pages , you can change the orientation of the paper from portrait to landscape and it show you in real time how many pieces it will take to print it and how  big it will be.   
One of my other pages needed a back
round for was Wall Street so found a picture of big bills, after you upload teh pic you want as back round it go to Slice your image, this is where you do the landscape paper or the portrait and hit letter size and you see the lines showing how it will print., them it makes a pdf for you to print usually about 12 pages , it will be approx. 2.9 x 2.2 inches big enough to make 2 12x 12 pieces. 
So here is what I did had to take pictures of money so I could get a better picture to poster size. (maybe not a word but you get it)  they think the more pixalization the better but not in all cases.  Anyway laid out some cash on a piece of canvas had laying in my scrap room took a couple of shots and then came into print.  You need to keep the photos under 1 mg ir will not load on the site if too big.  So of course had to crop it down ended up with 886 kg which was fine.  Then went to the website to create my new back round page.
So here is the pic will not let me upload the poster version which is a pdf this time I paid more attention to the pages and saw I did not want to print page 9-12 those were tiny edges which were not important to the overall page.  So with them printed will go back and put them together. This is the fun part a giant puzzle with nothing to really look at but the pic you took so I did that, also marked the edges I did not want to keep.  Starting on the left row one called the 1st one 1 a then the next page marked the left side margin with X that meant cut off so go through, marking the side your keeping and the one that is going you need 1 margin in between each piece so there is something to attach the next page too.  At the end the outside edge is going to be gone so mark that with X also you need to trim before you glue or tape them together.  After you get them laid out the way you want, start removing the edges and tape or glue away.

This picture is the back of those 8 pages hooked together I am now going to cut my pages I need so flipped it over to work form the back used a piece of 12 x 12 to trace only need to do 2 sides.  Then took my exacto knife and but along the line of the tow sides and cut away then used my large machete cutter and cut the other 2 sides and I was done. 12 x 12 custom paper for my needs!!! Got the finished pages loaded so you can see how the paper work I think it looks great.  Hope you enjoy the new idea I may have given you , has gotten my brain whirling for more pages to create.


No comments: